Aniti-Reflective (AR) Coatings
These coatings are all dielectric single or multi-layers and are designed for low reflectance and high transmittance in the UV, visible, and near IR spectral bands.
- High transmission
- Low reflectance
- Operating temperature of ≥ 300°C (typical)
- Durable and easy-to-clean
- Soda lime float
- Borofloat® – Borosilicate
- Water white float glass
- Polished and drawn technical glass materials such as BK7 fused silica and Eagle XG
- IR materials such as silicon, zinc selenide, and geranium
- Crystalline materials such as CaFz and crystal quartz
|Thicknesses||range from 0.1mm to over 25.4mm and thicker|
|Reflectance||as low as 0.05% depending upon wavelengths covered|
|Transmittance||typically very high. Contact us for specific values for each substrate material|
AR coatings from ZC&R meet the requirements of MIL-C-675C, MIL-C-14806A, and MIL-C-48497A. AR Coatings are often crucial components in optical systems with multiple lenses or other optics where the maximum possible light energy is needed. AR coatings help to produce brighter images while reducing the intensity of ghost images which may otherwise be produced in optical systems having multiple reflecting surfaces.
Group 1 Coatings
The first group is made up of AR coatings that target one or more broad wavelength bands. Our BARC coatings are examples of this group.
Group 2 Coatings
The second group of AR coatings is made of AR coatings that target one or more narrow wavelength bands. The most common coating in this group is termed a Vcoat. Vcoats are used to target a single wavelength, such as 632.8nm or 532nm, or a single very narrow band of wavelengths.
- Narrow Band AR (nominally centered @1550 nm)
- Narrow Band AR (nominally centered @632.8 nm)
- IR-BBAR 3-5 Microns
- IR-BBAR 8-12 Microns
- Custom AR Coatings