Low Iron Soda-Lime Glass or water-white glass is a clear transparent soda-lime-based glass that is almost tint-free, resulting from its being produced from higher quality grades of silica sand that are almost totally free of iron oxides. 1/8” thick low iron glass transmits approximately 2 to 3% more light than regular soda-lime glass, making it a perfect solution for applications requiring maximum visible light transmission and little to no color distortion.
- 2 to 3% higher light transmission in 1/8” thickness vs. regular soda-lime glass and 8% higher light transmission in ½” thickness vs. regular soda-lime glass
- 91% visible light transmission for 1/8” – 3/8” thick glass
- Good flatness and surface quality due to float process
- Can be coated with anti-reflection coating on both sides to achieve 98% total light transmission
- Retains colorlessness and clarity over time unlike some plastic components which can yellow
- Can be fully heat tempered to increase thermal shock resistance and mechanical strength
Abrisa Technologies is a recognized global supplier of high quality, fabricated glass components, optical thin film coatings, and custom glass solutions for a wide variety of industries. From our US based Abrisa Industrial Glass fabrication facility in Santa Paula, CA and our ZC&R Coatings for Optics division in Torrance, CA we serve diverse industries such as microelectronics and displays, semiconductor, military, automotive, aerospace, medical, biomedical and scientific R&D. We provide custom specialty flat glass and coating products for applications such as: flat panel display, touch and gesture recognition; visible to IR imaging and surveillance; entertainment, indoor and outdoor lighting; advanced instrumentation; and photonics.