Front Surface Mirror
- August 2, 2013 - Front Surface Mirrors Provide Increased Reflectivity
- February 22, 2011 - Abrisa Technologies to Exhibit Products & Services at SID 2011
- January 21, 2011 - Abrisa Technologies Publishes Corporate Capabilities Brochure
Front Surface Mirrors Provide Increased Reflectivity
Santa Paula, CA – August 2, 2013 – Abrisa Technologies provides front surface mirrors or first surface mirrors for a broad scope of optics applications. These mirrors have a long product life, superior durability, and can be cleaned easily.
Front surface mirrors have over-coated dielectric layers that are vacuum deposited on the surface of a clear glass substrate to increase reflectivity and protect against humidity and abrasion. The sharper image created by a front surface mirror lacks the ghosting effect of a conventional mirror.
The substrate of choice for a front service mirror is float glass with a typical flatness and irregularity of 4 to 6 waves per inch. Typical thicknesses that are available from stock are 1mm, 1.6mm, 2.3mm, 3mm, 5mm, 6mm, and 10mm. Front surface mirror sizes are available in dimensions up to 74” x 130” or 1880 mm x 3320 mm in 3mm and 6mm thicknesses.
- Enhanced aluminum mirror coatings reflect from 85% to 97% over the visible spectrum (400-700 nm)
- Protected gold mirror coatings reflect an average of 97% over a broader spectrum (700-2000 nm)
Front surface mirrors can be used in such applications as:
- Industrial/Office Automation
- Photocopiers & document scanners
- Facsimile machines & laser beam printers
- Audio visual equipment & point-of-purchase scanners
- Cameras & analytical instruments
- Military training simulators
- Projection & broadcasting equipment
Front surface mirror coatings conform to MIL-C-48497, MIL-M-1350BC, and MIL-STD-810C. Front surface mirrors have a long product life, superior durability, and are easily cleanable. The sharper image created by the front surface mirror lacks the ghosting effect of a conventional mirror.
Abrisa Technologies to Exhibit
Products & Services at SID 2011
Products & Services at SID 2011
March 1, 2011 – Santa Paula, CA – Abrisa Technologies an ISO 9001 company and a global leader in thin film optical coatings, custom glass fabrication, and specialty glass products will be participating in the Society for Information Display Exhibition – SID 2011 to be held in Los Angeles, California, at the Los Angeles Convention Center on May 17th through 19th, booth # 1206.
At the exhibition, attendees will be able to view the latest products and services Abrisa Technologies has to offer the touch panel and display markets. Abrisa Technologies provides precision fabricated glass and coatings for cover and back plate applications for multi-touch, resistive, projected capacitive (PCAP), surface acoustic wave (SAW), optical touch, micro-display, and acoustic pulse recognition (APR) touch screens and displays. Additionally, Abrisa Technologies can provide EMI/RFI suppression, heater panels with bus bars, IR/UV blocking windows, and glass fabrication and coatings for outdoor displays.
Abrisa Technologies has the capability of chemically strengthening thin glass in thicknesses of less than 3mm and can process glass in sizes up to 28” x 36”. Another fabrication capability from Abrisa Technologies is their large format screen print capability, new equipment allows for screen printed optics up to 56” x 86”.
Custom coatings capabilities to be featured at the exhibition include: Anti-Reflective (AR) Coatings, Hot Mirror & IR Blockers, Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) and Index-Matched (IMITO) Coatings, Hydrophilic, Hydrophobic & Oleophobic Coatings, and Front Surface Mirror & Beam Splitter. A variety of glass substrate material can also be viewed at the booth including: anti-glare, soda lime, Borofloat®, and low iron glass.
Publishes Corporate Capabilities Brochure
January 21, 2011 – Santa Paula, CA – Abrisa Technologies has just published a new corporate capabilities brochure detailing their product and service offerings for precision glass optics via their three industry leading divisions; Abrisa Industrial Glass, and ZC&R Coatings for Optics.
The new, 6-panel Abrisa Technologies brochure provides a capabilities overview of each of the three divisions as well as an introduction to Abrisa Technologies.
Highlighted within the brochure are the prototype and high-volume OEM products and service capabilities offered to Abrisa Technologies’ primary industry targets; defense, display, lighting & entertainment, medical, imaging systems, and the photovoltaic sectors.
Abrisa Technologies focuses upon providing high reliability, high quality precision glass optics solutions for the following product and service categories:
- Precision Thin Film Optical Coatings – Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) and Index-Matched (ITO), Anti-Reflective (AR), Heat Control (Hot & Cold Mirrors), UV Blocking Filters, Color Filters, Color/Temperature Correction, Beam Splitter, Metal Coatings, Front Surface Mirror, Covert/Semi Covert Filters, IR Coatings, Neutral Density Filters, Anti-Fog, and more.
- Custom Glass Fabrication – Cutting, Edging, Screen Printing, Machining, Bus Bar, Strengthening, Metrology, Cleaning, and Specialty Packaging.
- Specialty Glass Products – Soda-Lime, Borosilicate, Glass/Ceramic, and Specialty Glass.
With over 80 years of combined design and manufacturing experience, Abrisa Technologies, and its divisions deliver cost-effective solutions that are on-time, in-spec and within budget. A quick review of the brochure provides the reader with a broad-based introduction to the company as a whole. For more information the brochure directs inquires to the website; www.abrisatechnologies.com.